Friday, February 27, 2009

What my Monday's look like--yikes!




O.k., I know that today is not Monday, but I have time to post this today, so here goes. Every Monday without fail this is what I am doing. Unfortunately, I never get this completed, or close to all done and put away until about Wednesday. And this is just clothes! This doesn't include any towels or bedding. Again--yikes! I know people are always saying, one day you will miss all of this. This last Monday I was thinking, yes, I will miss the companionship of my children. Yes, I will miss having the opportunity to constantly serve the ones I love at any given moment of the day. However, the huge mounds of laundry, the clutter and mess, and dirty socks and toys everywhere--I will not miss that at all!! This week when I went into K1's room to gather up all of her dirty clothes, because somehow they never make it to the dirty clothes basket, I found a bottle that had, at one point had a little juice in it--a few months ago. Gross! What's worse is that I found it on/in her bed--double gross!! O.k., so those things I will not miss. That might mean that I will have nothing to talk about, but that's o.k. with me. What do you think? Do you really think that we will miss all of the laundry and mess?

6 comments:

Dianne K. Nelson said...

Your laundry room is easily twice the size of mine....if it helps, you can think about what a challenge it would be to do THAT much laundry in a room half the size (or smaller!)

While I might not miss the grossness that comes with the kids, I will miss the lovely baby hugs and loves. I am quickly moving to that day, since my olders are past the snuggly stage. so yes, I think that while the laundry mess might not figure into things, I will miss these days.

Jared and Delia said...

Wowza! Sorry about the mounds of laundry. I am not so sure either. I might miss the other parts, like having Owen with me all the time. Sometimes that drives me a little crazy but then I know I will miss it once he goes to school.

pianogal said...

I don't know under what circumstance I would ever say that I missed doing laundry. (My laundry room is the size of a closet!) But I guess I should be thankful that we have clothes to wash. There are those who have much less!

The six of us! said...

I will NOT miss the laundry at ALL!!! I will feel free to not have to fold 20 pairs of pants!!!! So I am totally with you on this. In no way will this nostalgic part of a raising a family be missed by me.

*Shelli* said...

Well, all I can say is that I wish my laundry room looked like yours!!!!!!

Robyn said...

Janet ... Hope you survived another Monday of laundry. I agree ... laundry is not one of my favorite things but it does remind me of all the loved ones I have in the house (now if I could just remember that while I am folding the whites ... my least favorite load)!