Sunday, November 6, 2011

Catching Up #1 Company Fall Picnic


A couple of weeks ago we had the pleasure of attending Justin's company fall picnic.  The company he works for recently purchased a new building and to celebrate, they had the picnic at the new location.  It just happened to be an old corporate YMCA building and has tennis courts, indoor pool, rock climbing wall etc.  Sadly, the building had been vacant for a while.  The pool was empty, etc. so it wasn't really ready for anyone to go inside, but the grounds were beautiful and even though it was in the 80's we had a great time.


Kelly took this picture and it is straight out of the camera.  I just love it!  Looking at it makes me feel happy, hopeful, and grateful.  Good job Kelly!



Try as I might, I couldn't get Kate to smile normal!




Livin' it up!  We usually don't drink a lot of soda and so these girls were loving this!  



I had never heard of the game "Washers" until moving to Texas.  It's sort of like horseshoes, I think.  I've never played either one so I could be totally wrong.  You have these large metal washers that you're trying to throw into a box about 15 feet away.  You get so many points for where it lands, and or if you knock out an opponents washer, etc.  When Justin told me he'd signed us up to play in a washers tournament I told him that Kevin would be a better partner.  I turned out to be right and Justin and Kevin won the whole thing!!  They got a Chipotle gift card and used it for a fun Dad and Kevin night.  Great job guys!  I am so proud of you!


Kelly took my camera for a little while and took some pictures of the area, and her feet. :)  It was fun to see what she had come up with.  As you can see it's a beautiful place.  It was nice to do something fun on the weekend instead of the crazy running-around-to-get-things-done that we usually do.

Some of the other activities that they had (that unfortunately I didn't get pictures of), were a scanner scavenger hunt and pumpkin decorating.  With the scanner scavenger hunt you had to use your cell phone to scan various digital codes (the ones that look like black and white tetris blocks), to get answers to different trivia questions.  It was pretty cool.  All of the kids really got into the pumpkin decorating too.  They must have cleared out Micheal's for all the cool crafty stuff they had available.  I'm telling you.  I think that's my favorite way to do pumpkins.  No mess and the kids can do the whole thing themselves.  It's definitely a new favorite for me.  Especially when it's way too hot for Halloween.  Our pumpkins actually lasted a little while longer this year.  Maybe I will get a picture of them and post it later.

All in all it was a great day!

2 comments:

How Sweet It Is-A lifestyle blog said...

That day looks like so much fun! Great pictures too :)

Delia said...

It was fun catching up on you guys. Kenzie is such a little cutie! Good job Kevin and Justin.

And I love Justin's costume...ha ha. I can see why he won!