Monday, July 20, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons.....

I am trying my best to make lemonade.

Today is the start of a new week. It was supposed to be a great day with a promising new job offer. Well, the job was offered....at 100% commission. Justin would have to cover all of his expenses and be traveling all of the time. Am I wrong to be just a little offended?! Give me a break! We didn't just graduate from high school--jeez!

Then I get the news that our previous landlord from Arizona is finally sending us our security deposit at $250 less than we were supposed to get because when they finally got over to the house (a week after we moved out), the pool was green and the yard needed to be weeded/mowed. Nevermind the fact that when we left it was clear and blue and the house was spotless and the yard was well groomed. Tell me, is it really our responsibility to keep maintaining their over-priced rental after we have left just because they couldn't get over there right away?! Give me a break!

"Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah...I Want to Start a FIGHT!"

However, we all know that wouldn't do any good. Justin tried to argue it out with them to no avail. Where's the justice in that?! AAAGH! I am so frustrated.

Do you ever feel like kicking something (or someone) really hard?!

So my lemonade today is tasting pretty sour.

7 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

I am so sorry Janet. Landlords can be SO difficult. Our last landlord really taught me a lot though, so we now take a ton of time stamped pictures when we move in and when we leave so I have evidence when I take them to court. I have done just that and gotten my money back, but not without a FIGHT!

We will keep praying for you guys!

Nick said...

I definitely feel like I want to kick people a lot. I'm kinda mean that way. Anyway, that really sucks and so does the job thing. I love the all the 4th pictures of Kevin in his cowboy hat. Does he actually ever take it off? :)

Robyn said...

Janet ... I agree about taking the pictures. It's the only way.

I'm yesterday wasn't as you had hoped it would be. Hopefully by the time you read this, Tuesday is a whole lot better than Monday!

We'll keep praying for you guys. Thank you for keeping us updated.

The six of us! said...

Wow, that is pretty frustrating news. I'm sorry that the lemons aren't sweeter. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers.

David and Stacey said...

hey, you guys did a great job keeping the yard clean, I saw it everyday! That is really crappy, I hope that things turn out better, I wonder if Justin could negotiate on some of the expenses for traveling and such, I would HATE to sell anything (except anything that has to do with year supply:)) hope the rest of the week is sweeter, Love Stacey

Sarah said...

Mwaaa haa haa haa... I know where your landlords live, and I have 16 beehives at my disposal...toilet paper is on sale this week...enough said!!

My brother says: When life gives you lemons, build a lemonade stand and use the profits of your business to buy a machine gun. Let's see if life makes the same mistake twice.

Hope that atleast puts a smile on your face

pianogal said...

How frustrating for you! As always, your family is in our prayers. You guys always seem to find a way to make lemonade with all your lemons, though - here's hoping you find something sweet soon!