Sunday, September 27, 2009

Terrifically Tenacious

It seemed like the day after Kenzie's first birthday she was fully aware that she had begun her second year of life and it was time to begin the terrible...ah, I mean terrific twos! ;) From the day she was born I held onto this false sense of hope that maybe, perhaps she would just be a happy, content, mellow, sweet girl her whole life! We used to joke that if she had been born first we'd have a lot more kids because she was just so happy and laid back all the time. She has completely dashed this hope to pieces! I heard the phrase, "terrifically tenacious" during the broadcast for The Tour de France and thought that was a perfect description of Kenzie's new disposition. This was confirmed today as she laid down on the floor during church and kicked and screamed. Guess what? When you get to church just a few minutes before it starts you get to sit on the front row. It was fabulous! You should have been there.

4 comments:

Breanne said...

But that face looks so innocent. :)

Jared and Delia said...

Lovely!

Kenzie and Reid must be telepathically communicating ideas to each other. I was just telling Jared that he is as much of a handful as Owen was at 2 years old. I have to take a deep breath and sigh just typing this. :)

Hope you get some reprieve.

Robyn said...

She is so cute!! Hopefully it will end at two and you can terrific threes!!

By the way, what is 4? I think Ryann is holding on to her twos ... we found her in our bathroom yesterday pouring shampoo on the floor. (She was supposed to be watching a movie in our room.)

Nick said...

I love it! That picture is so cute. Aren't tantrums awesome? Carter is famous for them, though he's getting much much better. I think he started bad and is going to better, whereas you had the opposite:(. So about your last entry-I feel that way all the time. Every year subconsciously around my birthday, I go thru that. I still haven't figured it out, so if you ever do, let me know what I need to do to figure it out;)