Friday, September 25, 2009

What to be When I Grow Up?

So lately I seem to find myself surrounded, (o.k. probably not surrounded, but that's what it feels like), individuals that are utilizing their talents to create amazing things and live fulfilling and successful lives. I'm sure a lot of this is my own perception and I know we all face different challenges. However, it makes me wonder.....what am I good at? What are my talents? Is there something inside of me that I can develop and use to be part of something bigger? Is there something that I am capable of creating that may bring a little success to my life and better the lives of my family? Hmmmm.......

Any thoughts?

In trying to "figure it all out" I went here and took a career exploration survey. It was very interesting. It consisted of 100 questions which had three choices of random things and you had to pick which one you liked least and which you liked most. I'm not sure how choosing between training wild animals for the circus and stuffing envelopes can help figure out what your strengths and weaknesses are, or determine what you're most interested in; But right now I just feel this increasing need to find out and make something happen!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I totally feel the same way! I envy those people who just know what they love to do and are good at it. Im still trying to find what Im passionate about. I hope you find it!

Jared and Delia said...

THat is really interesting? What did the survey tell you?

I don't know much...but I do know that you are going about it the right way. We are told to pray but then we have to get out and research...which is what it seems like you are doing. Try things out until the puzzle pieces fit. Heavenly Father rarely steps in to put the picture together for us. He lets us sweat it out so we learn better, appreciate better once things do come together...and I know they will. I just admire you so much and know that what you contribute to your home, your husband, your children...are invaluable. If nothing else, you are apart of the most prized part of Heavenly Father's plan...a loving family whom you get to nurture everyday. I have a lot of loves and hobbies, but I would give all away for my family....and you have got that already. Everything else is just extra toppings. You've already got the most important good stuff.

I wish you well in your quest to find what you are looking for.

Have you ever thought of the amazing good you do in teaching people how to better care for their bodies? You are a well of knowledge and good example to follow in taking care of these mortal tabernacles that we have been commanded to care for. That is a great endeavor.