Sunday, March 21, 2010

Check It Out!!

O.k. so those of you who know me know that I am passionate about good nutrition and taking care of yourself.  Today, more than ever it's so important that we learn for ourselves what is really in our food and what we are feeding to our kids.

I am a big fan of Jamie Oliver, but even moreso now!  Please check out his new campaign and sign his petition.  We need to let people know that we want good food for our kids and that we want people to have the knowledge and resources to know how to provide that food for their families. 

O.k. I'm done, I'm off my soapbox now. 

1 comment:

Nick said...

I think it's great how conscious you are about food. I just got a book called "Eat This Not That." It really opened my eyes. While it has a great list of things you can get at each restaurant rather than other menu items, it also has supermarket choices and really opened my eyes to different ingredients to be aware of. I'm trying to do better, though I've realized you can't do it all at once cold turkey. And of course, we still have those sweet cravings, but I'm trying finally! I really want my kids to get healthy (even though we don't have any weight issues). I don't want their bodies to suffer later because of the junk I allow them to eat now. I wish my mom would've done it with me. BTW, Bubba helped B make pancakes Sat. and I didn't even say anything about him needing to learn. Yay!