Monday, March 22, 2010

First Day of Spring


This is what our first day of Spring looked like!  We got 8 inches of snow!  Two days earlier the kids got sunburned from spending hours at the park in 73 degree weather.  So crazy!

The last time there was this much snow in Texas this late in the season was 1937!

Thankfully, it melted by the next day.  The kids were pretty bummed that they missed out on a snow day and actually had to go back to school today.  I however, was soooo glad that it did not last long.

Last week was our spring break.  It was wonderful not having to get up early and get out the door.  It was great having lazy evenings with the kids where we stayed up a little later watching movies together, or playing games.  One of our new favorite games is Pictureka!  (Thank you Susan for introducing it to us).  As always, there was a lot more that we wanted to do, but things didn't always work out.  We spent 5 hours one day deep cleaning Kelly and Kevin's room.  I meant to take pictures of the whole thing, but totally forgot, and then once we got into it, I had to really focus on remaining patient. :) We also spent one morning at the library--this time with Kenzie in the stroller, a much more pleasant experience.  The weather was crummy that day so we watched our library movies and had popcorn. We did get outside a couple of days and just took a picnic to the park.  We met up with some good friends and played for hours.  It made me really look forward to nicer weather.  Hopefully this winter weather is finally behind us!  Unfortunately I really didn't get any pictures of our week.  Sometimes, it's just too much for me to try to take pictures of things.  I'd just rather be involved and enjoy the moment. 

2 comments:

Delia said...

I heard that Texas got snow and wondered if it hit you! Crazy! Glad you had a nice Spring break though!

Nick said...

Okay, retarded weather. They say here, if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes. ;) Sounds like how our spring break will be next week. Oh, and our favorite game is Pictureka now too. Oh, I too got the ETNT supermarket guide. After I started reading the other one, though, I realized it had supermarket info too so I thought I might try to return the supermarket one. Good books though!