Friday, May 6, 2011

Just For Laughs

The other night Kate says to me, "Mom, I really need new shoes (I just bought her some, but anyway); My converse are too tight and my light up shoes are too small.  I mean look at my feet--they're huge!!"  This from my smallest and most petite child.  She wears a size 10 shoe.  Most of the time when we buy shoes we are still shopping in the toddler section.

Kevin, telling me good night.  Me, "Did you make your lunch?"  Kevin, "Yeah, it took me a long time because I accidentally ate my  whole carrot! I was  just zoning out!"  This just makes me laugh because who zones out and eats a "whole carrot!"  I just love it!

The other night I was telling the kids that we would be leaving in a little while to run errands.  I wanted to make sure they had their shoes on and were ready to go, etc.  We still had a little while and I was helping Kevin work on something on the computer when Kenzie, my 2 year old says, "Mom, check it out."  She was standing there, with her shoes on all ready to go.  She was sort of posing with her hands on her waist and just smiling.  I wasn't exactly sure what I was supposed to be noticing and I was really surprised to hear my baby saying "check it out".  Sensing that I wasn't really getting it, she floors me again by saying, "How do I look?  I put on a necklace."  And then she just smiled as big as she could.  I wish that I had taken a picture.  Of course I told her how pretty she looked.  She really is becoming less and less of a toddler and more a little girl.  It was one of those moments where I was proud to be a mom and absolutely loved seeing her so happy and proud of herself.

2 comments:

kathy reese said...

You made my day with this post. Thanks for the early Mother's day gift!

Nick said...

That cracks me up. And I know what you mean about our "babies" being so big now. Sometimes I can't believe the things mine says.