Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Trek Success!



This was the first family to walk through. There are a couple of youth from our ward in this picture. Everyone else came through so quickly I didn't get a picture of Kelly pushing her handcart :(  It was amazing to see them walk by. Everyone was so happy and you could tell it was an amazing experience!


Other than getting a bad sunburn, Kelly had a life changing, incredible experience. She absolutely loved it!  We were so happy to see her.  It was overwhelming how many adult leaders made sure to tell us how wonderful she was. Her "Ma & Pa" told us how much they loved her and how mature and amazing she was. Her "Aunt", and three other adult leaders told us what an incredible young woman she was. Even now it brings tears to my eyes.



You can't really tell in this picture but Justin, Kelly & I are all crying. We are so proud of her and were so happy that she was safe, and had such a great time. She pretty much bore her testimony the whole way home.  This was truly one of those "pivotal moments" in her life.  Thank you to all of the family members that shared letters with her. She cherishes them.

She can't wait to go again. Maybe next time Justin & I will get to go.

5 comments:

Nick said...

That is so awesome! I'm so excited she got to go. When our ward kids have gone on trek, they come back with the strongest testimonies. Wish our spring was looking as nice as yours. Last week was nice for like 2 days, and this week it's been raining. :( And I can't remember if I've told you congrats yet on your Texas Fit Chicks, but congrats!

Kathy said...

I'll come and stay with the others and eat brownies and ice cream for dinner while you go trek your hearts out!

What a wonderful girl and experience for all of us to observe.

Love Nana

Delia said...

Aww...I am so proud of Kelly! What a neat experience. I never got to go but want to go as a leader someday. You and Justin would be great Ma and Pas.

How Sweet It Is-A lifestyle blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
How Sweet It Is-A lifestyle blog said...

What a wonderful experience it must have been. Sadly, my son did not think so. But then again he is a little "different". Hey there we are in your background! That's Josh and of course he towers of me!