Saturday, April 14, 2012

Beautiful Birthday Girl



Kate's big birthday wish this year--Pierced Ears! It was pretty exciting. She has loved showing people and telling them she chose, "Crystal Daisy," earrings.  I love it because she has wanted her hair in a pony tail every day since so she can show off her new jewelry.


Kate's dinner request?  Chick-Fil-A has been her favorite since she was old enough to tell us.  I couldn't argue with the ease of this dinner prep.  She was even more excited when I told her that she could turn in her "toy" for ice cream.


She wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla frosting.  Yes, this cake is lop-sided because I was totally putting it together last minute--but it tasted great!  She just kept saying how much she loved everything and how grateful she was for everything.  I have to be honest, I was pleasantly surprised at how much she had matured. She didn't express as much gratitude in that way before.  

She is a beautiful girl and a light to our family. We are so grateful to have her in our lives. She is bright and funny and makes sure that we keep fun in our lives.

We Love You Kate! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

How Sweet It Is-A lifestyle blog said...

Awww how sweet she wanted her hair up in a ponytail to show off her new earrings!! ChickFilA is my favorite too :) That cake looks awesome!

Nick said...

Happy Happy Birthday sweet Kate! I remember you being 2 at Disneyland! Glad it was a great day. We love you and congratulations on the ear piercing, I had to wait until I was 12!