Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dallas World Aquarium/Kate's Birthday

I know this is way behind. (It took me a while to edit all of the pictures). For Kate's 7th birthday she decided on a family trip to the Dallas World Aquarium, instead of a birthday party. It is a wonderful place with a full indoor aquarium with some animals literally right at your fingertips.  We had a great time!



You may not be able to see it very well in this collage, but the picture in the top left is Kelly looking at a huge crab. Seeing Kelly's arm & head gives you an idea of how big it was!




Behind us is a 3 story tall exhibit with a center island and all kinds of trees, birds, and these tiny little black monkeys that Kenzie called "kitten monkey's" because they were so small and sort of looked like little kittens playing in the trees.


The aquarium was close to Dallas' Founder's Park.  If we're nearby we like to stop and walk among the cattle statues.




Kate's birthday dinner request?  Chick-Fil-A of course!  It has been her favorite since she was very little.




I love seeing her expression as she opened this gift. She had been asking for a lava lamp for a long time and was so excited to get it.  The ironic thing about it all is that once it was plugged in and turned on, it creeped her out to see it glowing in the dark that she doesn't even use it.  I'm sure as she gets older she will be more comfortable with it. (If not, Kevin has dib's on it, so either way we're covered). :)


Happy Birthday Kate!! We love you so much and are so grateful to have you in our family!

3 comments:

Nick said...

I love when they want fast food for their birthday dinner. Oh mylanta, I can't believe Kelly is going to be in HS! She's such a beautiful girl. I love the natural pictures. I'll have to try that. And I love the final one she chose. I can't believe our babies are 4 and have never met each other! :(

Mom Teresa said...

I'm still laughing about sending her birthday card a month early this year -- so your post two months later evens things out!!! I'm grateful for all the special Ks in our family!!!

Anonymous said...

The aquarium trip looks like it was a ton of fun! Happy Birthday to Kate! Better late than never, right?

Jared