Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions, Resolutions, Resolutions

Is there a statute of limitations on when you actually begin working on your resolutions? One resolution that I am sincerely interested in working on is not yelling at my children so much. Of course my patience and strength would ultimately be put to the test as we finish up the last of our Christmas Vacation. Thankfully, we've been babysitting a puppy for some friends and I was able to send them outside to play with her for most of the day today. Whew! Good thing that tomorrow is a new day.

O.k. so the title picture is sort of a joke and completely temporary. It was taken last July, the craziest month of the year for me last year as our 4th child was born and we moved 3 1/2 weeks later. Not to mention that my husband went out of town on business for a week in between.
So the explanation behind the picture is this, K3 was bored and in an effort to entertain her and keep her out of the way of packing she was given a piece of very, very sticky duct tape. It wasn't long before she had put it in her hair! Thankfully Grandpa was able to get it out without having to cut anything. The only thing that was not packed was peanut butter, which we quickly put to good use in an effort to de-gum her hair. Just before the duct tape incident she found some "stickers" to decorate her legs with. Too bad they looked an awful lot like postage stamps! That was a crazy day!





3 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Who said paradise was easy?

I love this post. I can't even see the tape. It just looks like her hair is standing on end.

I have mixed feelings about postage stickers. They are easier but yeah, to a 3 year old they look like...fun - really expensive - stickers. Especially the fun decorative ones.

Nick said...

Oh my goodness that picture of K4 is darling. I just want to jiggle her little cheekies! I also love the picture of the "Something About Mary" hair-do.

*Shelli* said...

You are one busy mom. That's a funny story and love the picture. I love your blog :)