Tuesday, March 27, 2012

An afternoon at the Arboretum



Some of the spring beauty at the Arboretum. It's amazing!  I always feel like I've traveled to somewhere else when we visit the Arboretum.



This year they're showcasing different artists through replica "houses." This one is Picasso's.



This one is Georges Seurat's.  Amazing!  The afternoon we went the Arboretum was packed, so I only have pictures of these two. But I'm hoping to get the others on another trip.



We decided to split up because we were running out of time and Kevin & Kate wanted to see a different part of the gardens.  So Kenzie and I had a great time hanging out.


These aren't the best pictures, but I like the idea of them. There is a big grassy area where Kenzie and I kicked off our shoes and played. She wanted me to give her an "airplane ride." So this was my view. :)


It was a beautiful day! I'm so glad we were able to go.

4 comments:

How Sweet It Is-A lifestyle blog said...

I love pictures of flowers!
What a fun day. I can't wait to go before it gets too hot.

Delia said...

What a beautiful place!

Here are the links I promised you:

http://www.thesoutherninstitute.com/2011/03/super-hero-cape-and-power-cuff-tutorial.html

or even better:

http://getyourcrafton.blogspot.com/2009/10/its-bird-its-plane-its.html

HOpe that helps!

Nick said...

So fun! I wish it was nice here and that we had such a neat place like that. What a cool mom to take your kids there so much.

Nick said...

Okay, so seeing Kevin in the scout shirt, his expression looks just like Justin!